Billy Shears

What is reality made of? What is our true nature?

Good to see you here and posting man 🙂 So that was Leo's latest video right? I haven't watched it (started to, but honestly he's stopped resonating with me). 

What is reality made of? What is our true nature? Short answer is, I don't know. Maybe I'm not far enough along my journey or maybe I need to take more psychedelics. Either way, I intend to find out more about this as I go along (implicitly). Also, maybe not? Finding out these specific answers is Leo's highest excitement. It is literally his life's purpose. 

Me? I seem to resonate with different things. And thank God for that. Not to say anything negative about Leo. But you don't want the world to be full of Leo's. You want each and every person to live in their highest truth. And it's suppose to look different like that. This world wouldn't be in the shape it's in if everyone stopped trying to be someone they're not. We need the artists to be artists and the plumbers to be plumbers. But only if they really want to. It's all art actually, that was one of my insights about a year ago. Your vehicles of manifestation (thoughts, words, actions, etc) are your brushes and the experience you make manifest into reality is the canvas.

So I don't know the answer to these questions. But something tells me, it has a lot to do with Love. Which is Truth. Which is the Light in me that is the same as the Light within you. ❤️

Posted (edited)

I don't know about Leo's video, but I'm on your side regarding this.  I haven't resonated with his content for a longer time now, because in my opinion he has developed a big spiritual ego.  So let's not talk about him here.

I ask myself these questions nearly every day and I have the feeling that they tend to harm my development. I have to learn to accept this uncertainty and maybe even learn to appreciate it. You can probably never answer these questions as long as you are human (maybe if you reach enlightenment).

Who knows what happens after death? Are we going back to our source and original nature? I think the body is not the real identity, but more like a suit that you put on to experience yourself as a human being. As for reality, I believe that the physical world is an illusion. Actually everything is connected and not separated. That's what I can tell from my spiritual experiences. 😊

Edited by Billy Shears

6 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

I don't know about Leo's video, but I'm on your side regarding this.  I haven't resonated with his content for a longer time now, because in my opinion he has developed a big spiritual ego.  So let's not talk about him here.

I ask myself these questions nearly every day and I have the feeling that they tend to harm my development. I have to learn to accept this uncertainty and maybe even learn to appreciate it. You can probably never answer these questions as long as you are human (maybe if you reach enlightenment).

Who knows what happens after death? Are we going back to our source and original nature? I think the body is not the real identity, but more like a suit that you put on to experience yourself as a human being. As for reality, I believe that the physical world is an illusion. Actually everything is connected and not separated. That's what I can tell from my spiritual experiences. 😊

Oh for sure. That much was clear in my experiences as well. Everything is connected. And even saying that doesn't do it justice. It's like oh, I'm connected to you? We're connected to all that over there? 

It's like no! It's stranger than that. We are not actually separate at all outside of this 3d experience.. we're all exactly the same thing. Just one thing. 

I've wondered what happens after death as well. I currently don't believe it's as simple as bam! we return back to the one source. I think there are other dimensions to this thing, and perhaps even after this life there will be some dimension of separation. Kind of like how there are different spirit entities in other dimensions. 

But in any case, whatever we're experiencing now is definitely akin to an illusion or a dream. Nevertheless, I still believe it's an absolute gift and it's meant to be treated as such (with reverence, gratitude and sacredness). 

@Billy Shears Thank-you for starting this conversation and for your honesty. My short answer: Reality is made of energy and our true nature is Love. I, too, feel like I can't ever really know and that it is always changing but for some reason my experiences, readings, learnings and intuition tend towards this being true, although what is Truth really anyway?!

I feel everything is energy, everything is manifest from energy and is beyond that which we can experience with our human senses alone. I don't know what exactly lies beyond our physical human experience but I feel certain it doesn't end there. I feel it is infinite. I feel when we complete the human experience, we return to this infinite nature and we may or may not choose to reincarnate as another human experience or any other experience i.e tree, planet, alien, etc. This energy can also be labelled as consciousness and it just wishes to experience itself. Life is just "lifing" so to speak. 

I do feel our true nature is love. Everything stems from this place, even darkness or that which is not obvious. Everything is bringing us back to our true nature, all our experiences, misdeeds etc and it is a divine orchestration and it is responsive and evolving without a set point but to know itself and experience itself as love.

Anyway, that all reads very esoteric but it helps me live an honest, compassionate, life true to my heart and I often find the magic or play of life disappears when I try to understand or analyse it too closely. So, I juggle the delicate balance of gaining understanding in order to lead a more fulfilled life versus analysing and becoming despondent from the lack of understanding. I find, I'm better off living life rather than constantly trying to figure it out and interestingly enough, the understanding soon follows.

I just thought of a passage from a book I'm reading "Zen Master Raven" I'd like to share: 

Raven Roshi

One morning Porcupine came to Raven privately and asked, "What is Raven Roshi?"

Raven said, "I have this urge to prey on newborn lambs."

Porcupine asked, "How do you deal with it?"

Raven said, "I'd be disoriented without it."

So to me, Porcupine is asking Raven Roshi "what is your true nature". I know your question @Billy Shears was more general to what is our true nature, but even still perhaps that story can be applied to your broader question on the nature of reality (since my true nature and our true nature is the same). So if @Dreamer is saying it's got something to do with Love (and so do I) and Zen Master Raven is suggesting it has something to do with "unwanted" urges/desires.. maybe they are one in the same? Maybe all the bad bits we dislike about ourselves (and the world) are included in the true nature of things (love).. including everything crazy that's happening today. Maybe all of it is love (our true nature)? Whatdya think? Am I stretching this too much? 😂

Posted (edited)

@DivineSoda Perhaps. I think the "unwanted" urges/desires are to get us to our true nature which is love. Raven Roshi, as a raven, has a natural instinct to prey on newborn lambs. I don't think human nature is toward anxiety and depression for example. But it can be used as a compass to decide whether or not we are living in alignment with our true nature. In that way, yes, perhaps it is also "love" because it is calling us back to ourselves. I am wary of this being used as a cop out not to live up to one's own highest expression and indulge in "unwanted" urges/desires because "well its just our true nature and our true nature is love so even that must be love". I'd be interested in your thoughts on this? It's like suggesting anxiety and depression are our true nature because our true nature is love and so they are also love if we are experiencing them but in fact they are bringing us back to love. It may also be a matter of semantics and we're saying exactly the same thing.

I read this a while ago by Sarah Blondin (LiveAwake podcast). It illustrates what I feel:

"The moment you separated from your heart, the moment you closed, quieted, pushed away, turned from, disowned, lost sight of goodness, the exact moment you began to splinter from love, a part of you began doing everything in its power to bring you back. 

Just as a mother who has lost her child will never tire of standing at the ocean's edge calling out her beloved's name, sending prayers for survival, blessings in bottles out to sea, she, your heart, began to do the same once you were set adrift.

You are never lost, dear one, for the moment you divided, your heart began doing everything in its power to bring you home."

Edited by Dreamer

The problem is, if you wanna call it a problem, I had two psychotic episodes in 2017. However, these phases only stimulated me to deal with spirituality. On the outside it felt like I was going out of my mind and my friends and family were really concerned, but this was the first time I felt one with the universe. It gave me a feeling of security until my ego took over and I interpreted too many wrong things into it. But the message at the beginning was clear to me: The experience was real. Schizophrenia is completely misunderstood in the western world.

There is a nice quote by Joseph Campbell: “The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Posted (edited)

@Billy Shears Thank-you for sharing this. I agree with you that "schizophrenia" is completely misunderstood in the western world. I also believe you when you say your experience was real. As well as the numerous accounts that can be found online, two of my dear friends have also had "psychotic" episodes that led to hospitalisation that eventually became the catalyst for their "awakening". We were discussing what is the difference between calling it a disease vs it being an enlightened experience and we thought it was perhaps the degree to which there is insight and control akin to your Joseph Campbell quote.

One of these friends is on medication after trying life without it and constantly ending up institutionalised and unable to participate as she would like in society. Maybe, it is like being on a constant "trip" without an off switch so it becomes difficult to integrate into 3D life. Most psychic's etc have developed the skill of knowing when to switch off the talent and return to "regular" living and then switching on the talent when needed for insight, illumination or healing their self or others. Western world labels it "disease" because it keeps humans from functioning in the fabricated society that has been deemed "normal" but in fact is only one part of reality and the remainder is the infinite that you experienced.

Seekers spend A LOT of time and modalities and psychedelics trying to reach the level of insight you obtained from those episodes. I'd be keen to know more about it, what was your experience, what did you feel, was it all bliss or was their darkness. They are personal questions so if you don't feel to share please do not feel obliged.

By the way, the mentioned friend has just written a book about her experience and developed a website to create a collection of stories from other people with similar experiences aiming to remove the stigma around "psychosis" and "mental illness" and to empower others. You can look here if it interests you or if you want to share your experience with her and be part of the movement: www.beingbravefoundation.com. And the book is at alanamaimitchell.com if you're interested.

Edited by Dreamer
Additional resource

Psychosis and other “mental illnesses” are deemed as disease by the people who don’t want you exploring beyond their made reality. Because their reality is what controls the masses. It’s what suppresses the love and enlightenment so they can continue to have total control and power. Their drugs are suppressants to keep it from happening. Anxiety and depression are a natural way to steer you. If something doesn’t feel right then it isn’t right. We should not suppress these feelings but instead embrace them as they are part of our inner compass and they should not be looked at as negative things. It comes from the world that has been created artificially conflicting with what we know to be right. It comes from fear (our worst enemy). It’s us conflicting with what we know is right vs what the world tells us is right. It’s deciding what to do... do we follow what is true to us and go against the grain or do we go with the grain and go against ourselves? Always choose to do what is right for you, but until the world changes to allow for this without fear of man made legal ramifications, judgement of others, etc then there will be those anxieties. And that’s ok. Embrace them. USE them. Know you’re doing what’s right for you. And when you follow your compass and do what’s best for you, He will back you up. There’s magic inside all of us. We are created with it. And it works with us. Difficult situations will always arise, no matter how in tune we are. It’s how we respond to these situations that determines how the magic will work. We may have to get through a lot of horrible things but the point is making it through while still staying true to yourself. We are infinite beings and this is just an experience. Man made  laws, judgements from others, etc mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. They’re not meant to be here in the first place. Again, these things are used to suppress people and keep them from acting against what “they’ve” created. 

An analogy I like to use (although, I do see it as truth... and I know it’s difficult for some because as I’ve commented before, people have a hard time separating God from religion... and religion is bad because it’s just a group of people using God to push their agendas and gain power and control... but God is not religion) is that Lucifer (I call him Lucy cause I feel like he wouldn’t like that lol) is on Earth. There’s no “hell” in the terms that religion says. Instead, Lucy is trying to control what goes on here (because he’s trying to prove to God that he’s better than Him, so what better way than to ruin his creation). He’s trying to make “hell on earth”. He’s doing the complete opposite of everything God intended the earth to be. He’s influencing people of power. He’s spreading hate. He’s dividing people. He doesn’t have powers that God has but he has charm and can provide enough to these people to make them want to continue with what they’re doing. He’s smart. He knows how to get what he wants while making it look beneficial to everyone. This is why so many of these high power people practice Satanism behind closed doors. But it’s also why everything in the world feels so wrong. Because like you all have said, we are made of love but are in a hate filled world. It feels wrong. Because it is wrong. And now these people are so power hungry and money hungry, they will stop at nothing to attain more. They will do anything to pit us against each other. Blacks vs whites, Democrat vs republican, Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants... it’s all around us. Everyone vs everyone else. It’s why drugs are illegal (they help us open our eyes to see how wrong this is). And coming full circle back to my main point... it’s why there’s such a horrible problem of anxiety and depression. Imagine if everyone in the world thought like us and there were no man made “rules” against who we are meant to be. Anxiety would be a tiny blip to tap us in the right direction rather than a huge elongated discomfort. These tools are in us to point us the right way, not to be diagnosed as there being something wrong with you. Again, the opposite of what it’s suppose to be. Look around at the world and I promise that everything is the opposite of what feels right in your gut. It was created that way over a long amount of time. But it’s time to undo it. People are waking up now more than ever. And I think we all “feel” it coming. I know I do. 

sorry if I went off on a rant there at all or deviated, but I thought it all tied together. 
to sum up... we ARE made of love but the world is trying to suppress that which is what helps to cause unnecessarily high amounts of anxiety and depression because people naturally can tell what they’re being told is wrong. Psychosis and other “mental illnesses” are GIFTS because you’ve reached your breaking point of fighting what’s right vs what they tell you is right. You can either embrace them and have a breakthrough or you can swallow their pills to suppress it. But embracing it is always the right choice. We are meant to FEEL. And the reason such extreme feelings are surfacing in the world is because to every action there’s an equal reaction. Things are so extremely fucked up that the reaction to them is just as extreme. I’ve spent the last 2 years undoing what the world had done to me. It wasn’t easy. I’m sure if I went to a doctor they would have diagnosed me with all sorts of things and prescribed me many things as well. But I didn’t. Because I knew what I had to do. I knew this was a journey that I had to go through and my world now is completely different. The only anxiety I ever get is when their world conflicts with mine. But I know I’m following my truth, I know I’m acting with love and I know I’m doing what I need to be doing so I KNOW everything will all work out. It always does in the most magical of ways. 

I definitely went off on another rant there after I said I’d recap lol! I’m just very passionate about all of this. Maybe I will make a separate post sometime soon about my journey here. Just keep being you. You all are doing an amazing thing. It’s not always easy but it’s worth it. Eternity is a long time and this human experience certainly helps to shape what your eternity will be like. If you can figure all of this out while being human and having so much push against it, imagine what you can achieve when you’re not held back by being human. You’re already so many steps ahead of so many others. Imagine what humans could achieve if we all knew these things. I think it may be a reality we see in our lifetime. I truly believe that. I think the bad has been pushed too far and it’s time to fix it. There’s always a breaking point. God would not let this get too far past the point of no return. I promise you all that. 

glad I found y’all. It’s nice to be able to talk about these things with likeminded people and see what amazing things you have come up with! 

9 hours ago, pjtaly said:

(I call him Lucy cause I feel like he wouldn’t like that lol)

Hahah! Omg I love that! You know, I wish I knew more about Lucifer and that whole story. From the little I read a long while back, something tells me it's not as simple as "he's the devil and evil and wrong". Like there is some purpose to him doing what he does. In some twisted way, Lucifer is also love if reality is made of Love. Idk, still working that one through!

The only anxiety I ever get is when their world conflicts with mine.

I think it's possible to remove even that anxiety. Totally acceptance of all that is (and yet still speak your truth, take action, all of that). https://divinesoda.com/a-dream-so-possible/

I definitely went off on another rant there after I said I’d recap lol! I’m just very passionate about all of this.

Oh I absolutely love your passion. That same fire is within me, that's what energized me to create this and the main website. 

Eternity is a long time and this human experience certainly helps to shape what your eternity will be like. If you can figure all of this out while being human and having so much push against it, imagine what you can achieve when you’re not held back by being human

See that's why I believe there is more to the concept of Heaven/Hell. I also think it's a state of mind or something right here on Earth as you said. But for some reason, I believe there will in fact be this great moment of reflection (or judgement if you prefer), but it will be you doing it to yourself. You will realize and see very clearly all the harm and damage you did to others and yourself during your lifetime, and it will hurt (like hell!). That's what I believe they refer to as hell. And that's not to say anything about what has been done in the past. The past in the past. All that God ever wanted from us was to be in the moment and to be our very best version in that moment, in full loving service to all of life (including ourselves). But anyway, to live in fear because of that possibility.. that's stuff of religion. I don't believe in all that. I don't even know if that moment of reflection will actually happen or not. This is all just my personal belief/opinion. 

glad I found y’all. It’s nice to be able to talk about these things with likeminded people and see what amazing things you have come up with! 

Yes! I'm very glad/happy that you reached out to me on Reddit and I was able to refer you here. That's how I'd like to build up this community going forward. Just like that, one by one with quality people 🙂 

we ARE made of love but the world is trying to suppress that which is what helps to cause unnecessarily high amounts of anxiety and depression because people naturally can tell what they’re being told is wrong.

That's the part I'm still trying to figure out. Are the parts that suppress and cause high anxiety/depression actually love too? Because I wouldn't be who I am today without all that. I too want to share more of my story here someday (some of it I shared here), because I myself battled with serious anxiety/depression for almost two decades. Only now do I see that it was exactly as you said.. just a way of the Universe trying to steer me back in the right direction in a world gone wrong. I have a part of me that just wants to help others realize this for themselves as I did. That it's all happening for you, in some twisted ass way. People with depression say they just want to be "normal", but I want to show them that they are already more normal than anyone else ever could be who can't feel what is meant to be felt fully. It's like the Krishnamurti quote: "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

@pjtaly What an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing all that. I've always wondered what's the deal with Lucifer (Lucy). 

The world we live in now is the product of Lucy’s persistence to try to prove God wrong. To show him that humans are bad and easily influenced. Of course, God wanted to see what man would do with such influence. Would they follow their instinct and the love in their hearts? We are literally wired with Gods magic and Gods love. If we follow what we know we need to do (the easiest thing in the fucking world to do) then everything syncs up. Signs are all around us. Things fall into place if you follow your path.

I love what you said there! God wants to see, will we follow our instinct's and the love in our hearts? So good. And I love your optimism.

Okay so some questions for you:

• I've heard that the bible was once written pure and true and that it got changed over time by men who wanted to use it as a form of control (this is the version we read today). Is that true? What's the history there?
  • You said that people often take the Bible too literally. I was wondering when I read your post, is any of that meant to be taken literally? Like is there actually a Lucifer? Or is it metaphor?
  • You said Lucifer was sentenced to live on Earth instead of with the Gods. I always thought he was like a spirit entity that the powers that be communicate with via their rituals and such. Is he an actual human?
  • Do the powers that be actually believe they are doing something good? Like do they believe this is being done for our awakening? Because the contrast is giving us the opportunity to wake up? Or do they just want us out of the way so they can build their utopia?
  • Do you recommend a good resource (not too dense) that talks more about this kinda stuff?

On 6/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, Dreamer said:

@Billy Shears Thank-you for sharing this. I agree with you that "schizophrenia" is completely misunderstood in the western world. I also believe you when you say your experience was real. As well as the numerous accounts that can be found online, two of my dear friends have also had "psychotic" episodes that led to hospitalisation that eventually became the catalyst for their "awakening". We were discussing what is the difference between calling it a disease vs it being an enlightened experience and we thought it was perhaps the degree to which there is insight and control akin to your Joseph Campbell quote.

One of these friends is on medication after trying life without it and constantly ending up institutionalised and unable to participate as she would like in society. Maybe, it is like being on a constant "trip" without an off switch so it becomes difficult to integrate into 3D life. Most psychic's etc have developed the skill of knowing when to switch off the talent and return to "regular" living and then switching on the talent when needed for insight, illumination or healing their self or others. Western world labels it "disease" because it keeps humans from functioning in the fabricated society that has been deemed "normal" but in fact is only one part of reality and the remainder is the infinite that you experienced.

Seekers spend A LOT of time and modalities and psychedelics trying to reach the level of insight you obtained from those episodes. I'd be keen to know more about it, what was your experience, what did you feel, was it all bliss or was their darkness. They are personal questions so if you don't feel to share please do not feel obliged.

By the way, the mentioned friend has just written a book about her experience and developed a website to create a collection of stories from other people with similar experiences aiming to remove the stigma around "psychosis" and "mental illness" and to empower others. You can look here if it interests you or if you want to share your experience with her and be part of the movement: www.beingbravefoundation.com. And the book is at alanamaimitchell.com if you're interested.

I'm sorry that it took me so long to answer you, I just didn't feel in the right mood.

Anyway, coming back to the topic:

Part of the experience was bliss and part of it was horror. Interestingly enough it always began with a state of euphoria but the more and more I got to experience these changes in myself, it became darker and darker. In retrospective it's hard to describe in detail what happened, you have to experience it to understand what's happening. And that's why people will label you insane or schizophrenic. But to this day I intuitively know that it's not a disease. You just reach a different state of awareness, you become hypersensitive to your arroundings and realize that everything is a projection of your mind. Your thoughts become reality. And that's the power your mind has if you can unlock its secrets. But the western society isn't ready for it yet.