Sign in to follow this  
DivineSoda

Tips for productivity/focus?

@Whit I know you're an entrepreneur of sorts. Do you have any tips for productivity/focus? What keeps you motivated. How do you keep from distractions. Do you ever use things like the pomodoro method? 

Something tells me this just comes easy to you, but I figured you might have some insights to share! 🙂 

This is actually something that I'm trying to work on in myself currently.  I do have manage my time because of everything I have going on.  There are some tools that help like my phone calendar.  Schedule everything!  It helps to not forget and if you can't meet a deadline or finish a task that is scheduled for that day, reschedule it so that the by the end of the day, nothing is left on your plate.  Also, have a set time every week were you purposefully plan the week ahead of you.  Set you goals in your calendar and check them off as you complete those goals.  

The areas I honestly struggle the most with is daydreaming and actually focusing on what I needful rather than focusing on what is "fun" when I have quality time available.  When I have quality time to focusing on something, my nature is to give it to my creative side instead of my cognitive side.  Maybe that says something about what our bodies and minds need at a basic level.  So it's a work in progress.  

22 hours ago, Whit said:

This is actually something that I'm trying to work on in myself currently.  I do have manage my time because of everything I have going on.  There are some tools that help like my phone calendar.  Schedule everything!  It helps to not forget and if you can't meet a deadline or finish a task that is scheduled for that day, reschedule it so that the by the end of the day, nothing is left on your plate.  Also, have a set time every week were you purposefully plan the week ahead of you.  Set you goals in your calendar and check them off as you complete those goals.  

The areas I honestly struggle the most with is daydreaming and actually focusing on what I needful rather than focusing on what is "fun" when I have quality time available.  When I have quality time to focusing on something, my nature is to give it to my creative side instead of my cognitive side.  Maybe that says something about what our bodies and minds need at a basic level.  So it's a work in progress.  

Love it! I also use the calendar on my phone to help remind me of things. Todo lists at my desk are also huge. I'll have to try the plan the week ahead thing! Right now all I want to do is work on these forums and my website, but I have to balance it out with other more mundane tasks that I know are just as important. Anyway thanks for sharing. I knew you'd be the right person to ask since you juggle so many different things at once successfully!