Sign in to follow this  
DivineSoda

Anyone up for doing a water fast together?

@Dreamer @Whit @DeLuz or anyone else? I'm thinking to do a 10-14 day water fast starting sometime after July 4th (maybe the 6th?). What do you think? 

I'll add a disclaimer that anyone who chooses to join please do so at your own risk! I've done a few of them in the past, and I would definitely say to start much slower/smaller if you've never tried it (and do your research).

@DeLuz No problem! I remember learning about fasting down in Brazil (I forget if it was you or Laura that taught me). But good that you're in a building phase right now. I want to try and fast once a year. The more I think about it, I'm feeling 7-10 days instead of 10-14 (my ego always wants the higher number!).

@Whit Okay I'm thinking to start on the 7th then so that I'll have about 2 weeks to re-feed before visiting back home toward the end of the month. I know more parents/friends freak out when they see me super skinny so it'll be good to fatten up with some healthy goodies before then. Let me know if you're a yes! It'll help if you can taper into it with lighter foods a couple days before (salads, soups, fruits, smoothies, juices). 

I'm excited to start!! : )

Day 2 of @Dreamer and I's fast! Going well so far, still allowing myself to drink tea's and a half lemon juice in water per day. @Whit looking forward to you joining us on Thursday! 🙂 

Day 3 in the books. This was by far the most difficult so far (as they say, and as has been my past experience). 

The re-appreciation of food has returned. This happens every time. I realize how much I've been taking food for granted. How amazing is it that we can just drive to a place that has every organic, delicious food/ingredient imaginable and just swipe a piece of plastic to obtain it. It's such a gift. A privilege.

For me it also relates to what's happening in the world. Coronavirus is has showed us how fragile our food supply chain really is. It may not always be this easy to eat all the delicious foods we desire. We must honor the gift while we still can. Everything is impermanent. 

Anyway needless to say, I can't wait to return back to eating delicious food from the Earth. 🙏

Good to hear.  Made it back to town and just now joining in on the fast.  I eased into it with light foods yesterday.  So far, not too difficult.  Staying hydrated with water then switch over to some tea this evening.  I did notice food start talking to me over lunch time however.  Good to know others are fighting the same battle!

31 minutes ago, Whit said:

Good to hear.  Made it back to town and just now joining in on the fast.  I eased into it with light foods yesterday.  So far, not too difficult.  Staying hydrated with water then switch over to some tea this evening.  I did notice food start talking to me over lunch time however.  Good to know others are fighting the same battle!

So glad to hear you're joining us! This is a battle for sure, but we're all in it together. It's a tremendous opportunity to cleanse decades worth of toxicity. Hang in there Whit, and please update us if you're starting to struggle ♥️

13 minutes ago, Whit said:

I forgot how much extra time you have when you're not eating!

Lol yes! We had this same realization. When it gets tough you'll want something a bit mindless to distract you. Some other tips, go to king soopers and get some suja green juices from the produce section (the ones with less than 5g's of sugar (all veggies). Use this as a backup plan incase it gets difficult or you need more energy around your kids. You can also do a half an organic lemon juiced into a glass of water (with a sprinkle of cayenne) to give a little energy here and there.  

It was super hard for us with all this heat (we have no A/C) and everytime we would stand up we'd get dizzy spells. So just be careful there. Also not a bad idea to do a salt bath at some point for like 15 min to help detox (hydrate well before!). Then if you can, get a lymphatic drainage massage (your partner can help with that!). It's just a simple massage that just invigorates the skin towards the center of your body to help assist with detoxing. 

I got some more tips but I'll share as you go. Hang in there!